Monday, October 25, 2010

City Girls- Life Is Too Short

 Okay, this is going to be the first page of the first edition of City Girls. I plan on showing you the entire process as it unravels. 
This came first but I wanted to show you the result as it's much more refined.

 As you can see here I have included the original reference photo for my sketch. I even went a little further here and demonstrated how I could further manipulate the photo. I could have done this retouching and then printed the photo (I don't draw in front of the computer) and used it as reference. I think that you'll agree that my illustration would have been drastically different.
 This is a test. This is a test. THIS IS A TEST. thIs Is A tEst. test a is this. .tset a si siht Tihs is a tset.
This coincides with the original "City Girls" poem that I posted up on the 22nd. I'm posting this to show you how an idea can truly influence another years down the line. Yes, this is a shirt that I used to wear back in my hipster days at SSC. I bought it at my first real concert back in 2005. Oh, those were the days...

5 comments:

  1. i absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE that song!!!!
    it's amazing. thats a song i can play on the drums & sing. good taste in music.
    i want that shirt !...i seriously do want it though o.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really like your first sketch a lot. There's something about it, it has a better feel. Maybe it's more fluid, more spontaneous, I can't put my finger on it. I really think you should make a one-off in all squiggly pen. Don't look back, don't refine, just go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, Erica, I have felt similarly about some sketches that I've done in the past. Some just have more energy to them than the refined stuff. Nina: that shirt is really old and I actually threw it away because it had a hole in it. :( It was sad to see it go...

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaawww. thats LAME T_T.
    i wish i had known i would have done a screenprint of it !
    free of charge ! ;]

    ReplyDelete