Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Space 242- Good vs Evil

Hello Friends,
                      I don't have any new artwork this week, although I did start a new synopsis for a short story, over the weekend. What I mainly want to share with you is that I'll be participating in a group show over at Space 242. The show is called Good vs Evil, and there are a bunch of great artists participating in it, including a friend of mine, Caitlin Ryan.

It opens this Friday, January 28th, and comes down on February 4th. If you're in the mood for an anecdote, this show was originally supposed to go up way back in June, but it was post-poned due to a few break-ins. I was going to enter this piece:

but I decided after several months that I had produced newer work that better suited the direction that I'm going in. This piece is a character that I created, called Arshile. I created him during my junior year at Salem State University as part of a directed study that I did with professor Haig Demarjian (Die You Zombie Bastards). There's an 8 page silent story that I made to go along with it but it was never properly finished. One day I'll go back to you Arshile, I promise!

So, if you're wondering which piece I chose to enter into the show you'll just have to come out and see for yourself! Also, did I mention that there will be free beer?  There will be free BEER! I hope to see you there!

-Josh

2 comments:

  1. That all sounds well and good, but what I wanna know is, WILL THERE BE BEER?

    From this piece here, Arshile, your style reminds me of Dave Gibbons's work with Watchman. I'd say you're on a roll here, and your style is pretty accessible to the casual reader. That's a plus.

    You ready for the Zombie Apocalypse? I'm still looking for a fully illustrated civil defense guide to preparations for the ZA. Oh if only there were someone out there who could draw a definitive guide for we "non-non-dead." I'd shell out a buck thirty seven for one, I know that! And stash it with my radiation medicine and handcrank powered radio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, since you asked, yes there will be FREE BEER!

    You know, I've never been compared to Dave Gibbons but I'll take it! I guess I spent more time looking at Europeans in my teens than Americans. I used to eat up art by Brits like Garry Leach, David Lloyd and Gibbons to name a few. Alan Davis used to be one of my favorites too.

    Haha, well, the point of a Zombie Apocalypse is that no one is ever ready for it! If it were to happen it would probably be in a form that Hollywood never expected. I'd say that you're on the right track with radiation medicine and a handcrank powered radio. What about weapons? Haha, I'm just pulling your chain! If it happens I'm going over to your place Bruce. I'll bring all of the comics that I can to pass the time.

    ReplyDelete