Sunday, February 13, 2011

Page One Progress

Hi All!
I've gotten into the first page- it's coming along the way I had envisioned it. My process is simple. First I rough out the pages, as you saw in my last post. After that I begin to draw the full-size page on 11x17 pages that I cut down from 18"x24" Strathmore drawing paper.

Once I get it to a point that is semi-rendered I then grab a piece of Strathmore 11"x17" smooth drawing board. I overlay this on my lightbox and begin to work on outlining everything cleanly with a lead holder. Of course I do change certain things and add new parts to the page too. I picked up this technique from talking to Lienil Francis Yu about his process.

The fourth panel was taken directly from the movie Psycho (the infamous shower scene of course).

Here's a look at some of my tools.

So, that's all for now. I'm working on the next few pages, at the moment, before I start to ink, color AND LETTER this page! Man, this stuff is so time-consuming!

Thanks for your support!
-Josh


1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOOOOVVEEE it.
    I have no idea why.
    But if i could date that sketch, I would. O.O.
    OMG!
    It has such a sense of realism.
    And I Love Psycho.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete