Wednesday, November 24, 2010

After Super Mega Fest Blues

Hi All,
         Jake and I spent the weekend over in Framingham, alongside our good buddy Art O'Callaghan (amazing Star Wars painter), for the Super Mega Fest. It was our first time being there and we had a great time selling prints and doing the occasional fan sketch. I barely ate anything on Saturday and didn't sleep very well either (partying with Trekkies and Star Wars fans isn't easy!) and as a result I've come down with a cold. I wanted to post something up yesterday but this will have to do. (My Mondays are devoted to watching Sunday night's episode of the Walking Dead!) Among the people who we met at the show was the local artist, who referes to himself as Devil's Cheesecake, Amos Medruga. Please do like his Facebook page and check out his myspace account. It's great to know that there are people of his skill level hanging around the ol' North Sho'ah.
        At the moment I've got a piece lying around on my lightbox and I may as well show it to you already! I'm not sure if I'll paint on this one with gouache or just go into it digitally. Maybe I'll do a combination of the two. There is a technique that I've been dying to try that includes using an Acrylic painter's medium that will seal the paper so that I can paint on it with anything, even oils! I'll keep you posted on the progress of this one. Also, I'd like to take this time to properly share with you all my brother Jacob's Tumblr. He's got a whole bunch of things in progress at the moment (including a collaboration with yours truly!). The guy is only getting better and better. Please show him some love.

Well, I think that about wraps it up for now. I will be posting up another entry this week to show you that I do appreciate your attention and interest.
One hint: masks!

No comments:

Post a Comment