Friday, December 17, 2010

In the Works!

Hi All!
         I've been keeping busy since my last post with work and personal projects. I'm trying to keep my skills as an illustrator sharp while pursuing digital techniques. As a result, I've got some pencil illustrations to show you. The first one is a take on a photo that I came across while at work. The original photo shows a couple embracing in a moment of happiness. I thought, "Hmmmm....that looks pleasant. What happens when I put a mask on the guy? Does that change the composition? You be the judge." I'm pleased with the drawing- definitely my smoothest pencils to date. I used Canson Illustration paper (11"x17") and an F lead pencil.


The second illustration is something that I started last night, after work, and I stayed up until 1am working on it. It's a pin-up for the comic Skullkickers by writer Jim Zubkavich artist Edwin Huang. They're going to be in Woburn for a comic show and I want to stop by their booth and show them some love. Apparently, Skullkickers is the biggest thing in comics. It's sold out everywhere, and I haven't even gotten a chance to read it, aside from this preview! Check it out- I think that you'll enjoy it.

That's it for me. I'm looking forward to finishing up these illustrations. I'm just having a hell of a time getting them up on screen since I don't have a large format scanner. :(

3 comments:

  1. Ha. When I saw the drawing with the mask I though it was a scene from V for Vendetta!

    Very nice, I can't wait to see what it looks like in color :D

    -Deneen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you mentioned it, there are huge similarities between this image and V for Vendetta. I may refer to that for the color scheme. Right now I'm finishing up the pencils for the Skullkickers pin-up. Thanks for the comment Nina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anytime Josh!

    The color scheme in that movie is wonderful anyways! So it would be a great reference (I'm gonna watch that movie now). xD

    ReplyDelete